Wednesday 26 February 2014

Lake District Downunder

Living where I do you would think I would have got organised with more real boating activity but I am making steps towards it.  I do a bit of looking at the water even if I am not out on it. A nice walking track is just 5 minutes away beside Narrabeen Lakes.  Here's a pic of the trail I walked this morning taken with my new phone (yes I am slowly climbing into the 21st century).

I though I would have a go at video as well to catch the bird sounds - they were all out this morning, whip birds, owls and others I don't recognise. I captured a few on this video of the vacant launching ramp at the end of the trail awaiting arrival of my yet to build Tom Hill canoe. I thought Dylan Winter might be amused by this one. He's a well known UK sailing blogger who is an expert camerman. When I got home I realised I had taken the video upside down! Well the phone doesn't have a clear Top and Bottom on the case does it? Anyway as luck would have it I was really going to post these pics to talk about the Lakes District Downunder. Whilst it's a mini version compared to the UK lakes district, it hasn't stopped the founding fathers naming nearby streets Windamere, Grassmere etc.  Except for the seagulls dancing on the ceiling you won't notice it's upside down until it gets to the end and the sky and houses come into view - enjoy!  (it's a bit stretch re 16:9 format - I'll improve it later.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_1frYzTf0g

No comments:

Post a Comment