Wednesday 26 February 2014

Fetching Overarching Articles in Wooden Boat

The arrival of recent Wooden Boat magazine reminded me of how slack I have been on blogging.  Even more embarrassing I've also just noticed John How is getting close to launching his big Fulmar. So thought I should add a few items, even if the boat building hasn't progressed much.

There is a comprehensive article on Kees Prins cruising conversion of Iain Oughtred's Fulmar from page 38 (see index page below). It refers to plans being available from Kees for the modifications I commissioned him to do for a cruising cutter version of his boat - he refers to this as FarFetch. So if you are inspired to have  ago at the boat I am developing you can get the drawings from Kees at keesprins@gmail.com  You will also need the full plans for Fulmar from Iain Oughtred at iain.oughtred@gmail.com

Also in the same Wooden Boat is a life story of NZ born Arch Davis, now ensconced in Maine - it's a wonderful tale many of us latter day boat fanatics would be envious of. His Penobscot designs are stunning.  I wrote away for his DVD of Building the Penobscot 14 to add to my virtual boatbuilding  school and it has many practical demonstrations - I can recommend it as money well spent if you are starting out like me.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment