Sunday 28 April 2013

Boatshop Timber Rack

I had been awaiting a delivery of 10 sheets of 4mm genuine Bruynzeel Hectout Gaboon/Okume plywood. With the close down of Bruynzeel local distribution a couple of years ago, this has to be specially imported. After some research I found the only source for this was through Andrew Denman of Denman Marine in Tasmania. I had to wait about 3 months for Andrew to restock his supplies and my order arrived earlier than expected last week.  This made for a frantic construction of the A frame storage rack I had intended to build to fit this in my tiny boatshop (no space for the better horizontal stacking).  Anyway after a frantic day of construction and emptying out the boatshop I got it done and the ply unpacked and stacked - I'll finesse the clamping flat a bit further. Here's a pic 



The pic makes it look skew but believe me the rack is inline. I built in two shelves in the middle of the A frame which might be useful for stacking timber and various boat parts components. Also note 3 sets of wheels (two with brakes on)  to move it around the boat shop as necessary - gotta watch it doesn't get away from me with a slight gradient already in the boatshop and downhill driveway beyond. I'll be adding a mooring line to the back of the rack tethered to a cleat back there somewhere.  

No comments:

Post a Comment